It’s worth spending whole day at Oasis Park Zoo, which is about 45 minutes away in the south at La Lajita. Lots of animals that are well looked after and in a beautiful setting. There is also an opportunity to go on a camel safari.
- The zoo is set in 800,000 square metres of natural landscape, with more than 250 types of animals – these include giraffes, camels, hippos, zebras, elephant, crocodiles, alligators, monkeys, emus, birds etc
- The biggest cactus garden in Europe with more than 28,000 plants of which there are 2,300 different types
- 4 shows: sea lions,reptiles,parrots and birds of prey
- camel safari
- petting farm and children’s playground
- 3 restaurants serving traditional and international food
- gift shops
- garden centre
There are free coaches that go to Oasis Park. They pick up in Corralejo and in Caleta.
The free bus timetable: http://www.fuerteventuraoasispark.com/en/how-get-here
The Oasis Park website: http://www.fuerteventuraoasispark.com/en