Travel to Fuerteventura 2022

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Villan
(@villan)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

A wave of optimism engulfed me yesterday and I started browsing flight prices for mid to late 2022. I was tempted to book but after all  the disappointments over the last couple of years I decided to sleep on it.

I awoke this morning to a flyer in my in box from Ryanair rejoicing at their 10% off offer that "ends tonight". I thought , why not?, I logged in excitedly with credit card in hand to find .................................. the price had only gone and increased by 10% ? I kept the card in hand and booked another return with Jet2.

I suppose in a world of worry, health concerns, disappointments and changes/challenges to travel, it looks like Ryanair's business is back to normal  ? ? 

(@amlod)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @villan

A wave of optimism engulfed me yesterday and I started browsing flight prices for mid to late 2022. I was tempted to book but after all  the disappointments over the last couple of years I decided to sleep on it.

I awoke this morning to a flyer in my in box from Ryanair rejoicing at their 10% off offer that "ends tonight". I thought , why not?, I logged in excitedly with credit card in hand to find .................................. the price had only gone and increased by 10% ? I kept the card in hand and booked another return with Jet2.

I suppose in a world of worry, health concerns, disappointments and changes/challenges to travel, it looks like Ryanair's business is back to normal  ? ? 

Villan, why are you surprised, its Ryanair they change the goal posts on a regular basis. Sorry I am now so anti Ryanair, although in previous years (but not recently) I have flown with them. 

ReplyQuote
(@geoffutv)
Eminent Member

Our Ryanair flight , E Midlands to Fuerteventura on 22nd Jan was cancelled last week . Fortunately was able to book a Jet2 flight on the same day, and with minimal disruption ,and surprisingly had my refund back from Ryanair pretty quickly . Have now booked Fuerte flights for March with Jet2 .

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by GeoffUTV

ReplyQuote
Villan
(@villan)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Grant Shapps (Transport Minister) interviewed today said that, subject to continued improvements in the infection and hospitalisations data, he hoped that Passenger Location Forms for people travelling to the UK will be scrapped before Easter 

ReplyQuote
Villan
(@villan)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Reports in several media outlets again this morning confirming the UK governments intention to drop the need to complete a UK Passenger Location Form upon entry to the country. The suggestion is that this will be in place by Easter.

ReplyQuote
Villan
(@villan)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Recently a UK traveller on a Ryanair flight (not Fuerteventura I don't think) was stopped at the Spanish boarding gate as her cabin bag was deemed oversized and she had to pay £69 excess. The lady argued that she was allowed to board on the UK side for the outbound with the same luggage so she felt it was unfair. From the look of offending case  on the photo (alongside the lady with a suitably sad face) it did look oversized (the luggage not her face) and she should perhaps count herself lucky that she got away with it first time.

Anyway, the reason for this post is that I noticed in early May that a "robust" member of the Fuerteventura gate staff was taking extra interest in passengers cabin luggage sizes as they queued, certainly more so that the last couple of years when we have manged to travel. So a warning to anyone that has pushed their luck with luggage sizes that there may be a clamp down in operation. 

ReplyQuote
Share: