Notifications
Clear all

Street Work on Calle Peatonal Orchilla (the pedestrianised walkway up past Montecastillo)

99 Posts
8 Users
8 Likes
Villan
(@villan)
Reputable Member

The new link with Lanzarote, to be called "The FUnnel", will incorporate a unique scooter/cycle lane. 

ReplyQuote
(@johnrgby)
Famed Member

? ? ? 

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The main path still hasn't been worked on, but yesterday when I walked down there were 3 men 'working' with a digger on the playground site.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Another week has passed without anyone finishing off the main path.

2 men are continuing to build a new wall next to the existing walls of the houses at the back of the playground site. Photos in the Photo Gallery.

ReplyQuote
Villan
(@villan)
Reputable Member

@caletafuerteventura

Any progress?

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I walked down the pathway this afternoon.

The only evidence of anything being done on the pathway over the past few weeks is that some of the fencing has been taken down near the Caleta Dorada Reception.

Despite what the Mayor said a few weeks back, there is no way it's going to be finished off by the end of November.  Two men were in a pick up truck with a work bench behind Fuertesol this afternoon.

Lots of little bits of paving needs to be finished off, plus the seating areas and lighting. It can't be very peasant walking down/up the path in the dark.

On the Montecastillo playground site they have built a wall along the south side and plastered it - nothing more.

At the end of November it will be 15 months since they started on a 7 month project.

I think the only bit of good news is that the trees are being watered and are alive, as well as lots of weeds around the trunks.

Photos in the Photo Gallery - Development and Other Works 2019.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Two men are continuing to finish off the block paving/wooden floor for the seating areas.  They havn't done much in the past week.  Still loads of finishing off to do, and still no lights.

No further work on the playground.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I took some photos as I walked down yesterday afternoon - Photos in the Photo Gallery - Development and Other Works 2019.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

So it's the end of November and nothing has happened over the past week.  It's 7 months behind schedule on a project that was said to take 7 months.

The Mayor said the other week that it would be finished by the end of November, and it's not.

It won't be finished this year now.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Nothing has happened over the past 3 weeks, except for weeds growing at the bottom of the planted trees.

ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

I walked up the pathway the other evening going to View for an evening meal, it was a pleasant walk up as it was still daylight but very disappointing to see the amount of unfinished work. Later that evening I walked back down to Caleta in the dark, it was very dangerous as there are a number of flower beds in the middle of the pathway that are completely unnecessary and are unfinished, you could easily fall into one or trip and injure yourself. My main gripe is the complete lack of lighting. When you consider the money that is being spent and the number of people that use this pathway it is an absolute disgraceful waste of taxpayers and Canarian government money. 

C t M

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

As you would expct, nothing has happened over Christmas, New Year and Kings. ? 

Someone should be held responsible for this shambles of a project.

ReplyQuote
Villan
(@villan)
Reputable Member

Obviously no penalty clauses for being late.

This follows on from the beach improvement and the recently planted dead trees.

ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

Local council is absolutely useless

C t M

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Action!  5 electricians were there this afternoon, and they are installing the lighting.  There was a pile of the new lights outside the Caleta Dorada reception building and 3 lights are standing up.

I wonder how long it will be before they are switched on?

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: