Clear all

Second hand donations

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@fozzie)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Can anyone tell me if there is a second hand shop in on near Caleta for donations of clothes pictures etc. Don’t want to go down the facebay route. Thanks

Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin

Take them to Katrina's Salon of Health & Beauty in the Puerto del Sol Plaza, next to the Pickled Palm.  Katrina sells things to raise money for animal charities.

ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

Yes bring them in to Katarina she will bring them to the market for animal charity stall 

C t M

ReplyQuote
Villan
(@villan)
Reputable Member

Any updates on this? Katrina is no longer at the above location.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin

Katrina will still collect second-hand goods. She can be contacted through the Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/KatrinasLightTouchTherapiesCaleta

She is, however, on holiday until 7th October.

ReplyQuote
(@johnrgby)
Famed Member

We drooped a load of gear of at the mission in PR last week, just take it into the office which is clearly marked. then goes to a Boot sale to raise money for the less advantaged of the Island, a far better option IMHO than helping cats, which are becoming a problem.

ReplyQuote
(@amlod)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @johnrgby

We drooped a load of gear of at the mission in PR last week, just take it into the office which is clearly marked. then goes to a Boot sale to raise money for the less advantaged of the Island, a far better option IMHO than helping cats, which are becoming a problem.

Sorry I've have to agree, which I'm expecting a lot of negative feedback. OK we only rent an apartment, regardless of where we go, what annoys me is previous renters have probably fed them, so they are constantly around expecting to be fed. I would never harm them but I do shoo them of. There are people who are alegeric and can't explain but my daughter is actually terrified and freaks out if one is in the vicinity. So no I would not support a cat charity, as John says much better to support the less advantage on the islands. 

ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

Cats do help keep the 4 legged rodent populations down. I feed 2-3 feral cats at home in Ireland, I live in the countryside and I very seldom see a live rodent, more often a dead field mouse or Pygmy shrew left at the back door or the drive gates. 

C t M

ReplyQuote
Share: