Notifications
Clear all

What Have You Been/Or Will Be Doing Today?

4,768 Posts
29 Users
442 Likes
14.8 K Views
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Online classes and a few jobs today around the house.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

We've got 6 online classes today - the busiest day of the week.

ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

Working no fro. Home yesterday then went to doctors for a Covid antibodies blood test. I should get results on Friday 

C t M

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Three online classes today. I'll start painting my garden wall at some stage.

ReplyQuote
Nottingham Red
(@nottingham-red)
Noble Member

Off for a round of golf shortly, sods law, its raining!

Coyr

ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

Worked from home, no humour for doing anything in the garden this evening. Went to chippy for tea. 

C t M

Helen42 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@amlod)
Reputable Member

@can-the-man can I'm not going to let hubby read this post. He is banned from going to the chippy even if there was one open in our area. Only time he's allowed a chippy tea is when we're on hols. Looks like his next chippy is next Feb in fuerte, fingers crossed ?.

Can the Man reacted
ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

@amlod ? ????

C t M

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Online classes at various times today.

ReplyQuote
Nottingham Red
(@nottingham-red)
Noble Member

Food shop this morning, no queue for a change due to rain, sorting out my workshop this afternoon in preparation for a full week of work next week

Coyr

ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

Quick dash down to Lidl to pick up a pop up gazebo and a stick vacuum cleaner 

C t M

Helen42 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@amlod)
Reputable Member

@can-the-man can I hope you get to use your gazebo, here with today's weather & wind you would need a reinforced hurricane shelter. ?☔?️? Now I don't want you to get jealous, the highlight of my day was cleaning the bathroom, yeh? shower cubicle a special highlight ??, and next week I can do it all again??? like your idea of a stick vacuum, my Dyson is getting to heavy for me have to let me know what you think ? 

Helen42 reacted
ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

@amlod go with the stick vacuum, we have one in our apartment in Caleta and it’s great with the wind over there you get dust and sand in the place all the time. It’s pretty much light weight. The one I got in Lidl was €70, it has leds on the cleaning head so you can see under the furniture or in dark places. It’s also lightweight.

the gazebo is to replace one we had for years that I had strapped up but eventually succumbed to the winds and fell apart. I have up cycled it in the garden using some of the bars to support nets over my onions because the crows were attacking. I have 4 leg weights I bought in Aldi or Lidl years ago they are filled with water and clamp on to each leg, they hold about 2L water in each section so that’s about 4kg per leg. I won’t be putting it up until the winds die down and the sun comes out.

C t M

Helen42 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@amlod)
Reputable Member

@can-the-man hi can, thanks for advice re vacuum, you don't have to tell me about the sand etc in caleta, we were there last year when they had the calima omg never seen anything like it, I swear I could have built sandcastles on the patios & even in the sitting room. ? Still enjoyed hol though de spite the last 3 days as well. I really hope you get your gazebo up soon, but where we are that's not looking hopeful I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, hey tomorrow is a better day??

ReplyQuote
Helen42
(@helen42)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @can-the-man

Worked from home, no humour for doing anything in the garden this evening. Went to chippy for tea. 

You are lucky, we don’t have a decent chippy near us, they are all terrible ????

Can the Man reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 86 / 318
Share: