Notifications
Clear all

What Have You Been/Or Will Be Doing Today?

4,750 Posts
29 Users
441 Likes
14.7 K Views
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

Making a chilli con carne for dinner 

C t M

ReplyQuote
Helen42
(@helen42)
Prominent Member

Off work so hairdressers this morning, argument with Sky over my latest bill ??, catch up on tv missed while looking at holidays 

ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

Getting the 2nd bit of my ingrown toenail sorted this morning she missed it last week and it’s been sore all week. 

C t M

ReplyQuote
Helen42
(@helen42)
Prominent Member

Has anybody any idea if I can fix this myself, Sky are useless having been on the phone to them all day they can only get an engineer out next week ???, I’ve unplugged it, re booted it and give it a whack, still the same, snowy broken picture then now and then the screen goes blue. It’s not the tv itself. The weather is fine so that’s not interfering with the dish. 

Attachment removed

ReplyQuote
Can the Man
(@can-the-man)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @helen42

Has anybody any idea if I can fix this myself, Sky are useless having been on the phone to them all day they can only get an engineer out next week ???, I’ve unplugged it, re booted it and give it a whack, still the same, snowy broken picture then now and then the screen goes blue. It’s not the tv itself. The weather is fine so that’s not interfering with the dish. 

Attachment removed

Helen, go outside and see if the Beamer in the middle of the dish has moved, this could cause the snow effect, also are you getting any kind of message from the box about loss of signal ?, and have you checked the hdmi cable from the box to the tv ? 

C t M

Helen42 reacted
ReplyQuote
Helen42
(@helen42)
Prominent Member

I’ve checked all the cables, when I rebooted it the screen is clear to read  when it tells me to press the home button then when it goes on the main menu it’s snowy, it’s strange, the weather hasn’t been that bad here and never been affected before. I’ve got the lad next door coming round today he has some tall ladders to get on the roof to check the dish, Sky have just been useless might just get rid of them ?????????????

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Classes this afternoon/evening.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Classes from 9-12.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

A day off.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Weekly lesson planning this morning.

Classes in Puerto this afternoon/evening.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Classes this afternoon/evening.

Parents have already started to cancel classes as schools are closed for the next 2 weeks as a preventative measure against Covid-19. 

I can't imagine that the Spanish Government will provide any financial assistance for loss of earnings that we, and others, are going to suffer.

ReplyQuote
Helen42
(@helen42)
Prominent Member

Working until 3, praying they don’t close the schools here ??, we are not all blessed with having family near by to help with child care. Tried to do the shopping yesterday which turned into a nightmare all shelves empty......but would love to know why if people are going to self isolation are they only eating pasta, rice and tinned food??? My freezer has enough in to last a month ?. Plus don’t get me started on toilet rolls, what the hell is that all about??? Oh well there is always the cat litter trays if we get desperate ???????

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

They've started to panic buy here too - bottled water, toilet paper, pasta,and fresh vegetables.  I haven't been shopping for a week so it will be interesting to see what the supermarkets have or haven't got.

Childminding from 10-2.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Underwood
(@caletafuerteventura)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I've stayed in for the last 2 days.

ReplyQuote
Helen42
(@helen42)
Prominent Member

The supermarkets are even worse now, can’t get anything, no tins/jars, all cleaning supplies, crisps, biscuits, rice, pasta, toilet roll ??. People don’t realise the little corner shops are just as good, we have 2 near us can get everything we need, I’m not panic buying though just need the things I would usually get in a week.  Gone back to basics, made my own pasta, slow cooker in play again. 

Been talking to a lot of people about the virus ? and everybody says the same thing, already had it, I had flu like symptoms dec/jan roughly and the worst cough ever, i remember wanting to rip my lungs out as be less painful and the noises it made at night would become a hit on iTunes ??. 

Everybody stay safe, be sensible and if you have to self isolate with your other halves for 14 days, I do have a very good divorce lawyer ????????

ReplyQuote
Page 65 / 317
Share: